LP is 19 months old now. Eek. He is rascally, he likes to bite things (mainly me!), and his chat has gone up a gear recently. I really wanted to write this as a reminder for me. I didn’t do anything like this for BB, and you forget so quickly the funny things they say and how they say it, so here is my list of LPs main words.
1. Ninished (finished)
2. Bite (no surprise here, he says it when he sees you eating something he wants)
3. Thatchou (Thankyou, I’m amazed how he says this, at the right time to people)
4. Cake (He likes cake, what more can I say)
6. Name of person, followed, by where are you. (He says this a lot even if you are stood right next to him!)
7. See you soon.
8. Goggy (Doggy)
9. Hi or Hello (he says this to every person we pass, makes the school run more fun)
10. Mummy (though sounds more like Mommmmmy)
11. Bunge (Sponge)
12. No (Every child’s favourite word)
13. Row rows (when he wants row, row your boat)
14. Roar (he roars very well)
15. Dadee (Daddy, the ee bit is really accentuated)
16. Bye Bye
They are his main words, though he is becoming rather good at repeating what you say, so we have to be careful. He is also so good at understanding what we are asking him. He’s definitely at that stage where he is frustrated, so those terrible twos are starting early, as they did for BB. LPs tantrums are quite something to behold.
We try and record him where we can, it’s so great that we are able to do this, we did do this for BB, it’s so lovely to look back on. In fact I think we showed BB himself chatting when he was younger, and he couldn’t quite believe, in fact he didn’t believe that it was him. He just saw a baby.
What are some of your favourite kids words?