I have been having one of those days today, where I have been worrying about situations, and then trying to sort things out myself. This never works! (I really need to remember this more often).
After my worry had subsided (I don’t really want to go into the details) and I had spoken to J about truths in our life, I felt encouraged to write down some of the truths that I stand on.
For a little while I have been blogging more generally about parenting, which is after all what I want to be doing, but I’m aware that my emphasis on God has become a little distant from the blog. He is the reason that I started writing this at all, I am blogging faithfully, not really sure where I am going, or what if anything will come of it, but enjoying it none the less.
I want this post to be an encouragement to You!, yes You! Maybe you’re thinking, this isn’t for me, but please read on. Maybe you have never picked up a Bible, maybe you know some of the better known Bible stories. Maybe you do read the Bible, but are not quite sure where to go in times when you need advice.
I meet up regularly with a group of ladies where we discuss books in the bible and anything that this highlights personally for us such as family, shame, worrys and fears and so on. More recently we have been learning about truths, and who God says he is and who he says we are. Some of these are truths are things that I heard God talk to me about personally, others are those that have been given to me by friends.
They are a reminder for me when I feel worried or weary, they instil hope in my heart, they make me feel strong and I hope that they will be helpful to you too.
- Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Chris Jesus who strengthens me
- Matthew 5:16 In the same way let your light shine before others so, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you…
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- Psalm 139:15 You were not a Mistake, for you all your days are written in my book.
- Deuteronomy 20: 4 For the Lord your God is the one goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.
- Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Saviour who daily bears our burdens.
- Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever, he will be our guide, even to the end.
- Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Psalm 3:3 But you O Lord are a shield about me, my glory and the lifter of my head.
What truths do you stand on? Xxx