Finally some sunny warm weather, I love it, everything feels so much better, and I feel like I can do anything. However, as soon as the sun comes out and it starts to warm up I go into a slight meltdown of realising that I am most definitely not ready for the sun!
These are the things I realise
- I have no summer clothes ready (well I do, but they are stored under my bed). In a frenzy I madly start getting them out and trying them on in the hope that they still fit me and look fairly good.
- I have neglected my feet, and now I really want to wear flip flops, so in a hasty moment I have to quickly paint my nails. I have actually done an ok job today, but yesterday when I had old chipped polish on, I just painted over them so I could go out. No one is going to get that close to my feet, are they?
- I must buy some refreshing summer drinks, Pimms and the like.
- The boys don’t have appropriate footwear or t-shirts. I was at the shops yesterday like a crazy lady looking for something. I didn’t buy anything in the end.
- I don’t have any Factor 50 for the boys, ahhhh what if they burn, I have to use really old lotion that I find that probably doesn’t work anymore.
- I must shave my legs and can’t reject doing it any longer.
- I feel the need to go out every day for a picnic.
- That the family must spend as much time as is possible outdoors before it rains again.
What things do you find that you start doing when the sun comes out?